Fågelsjö gammelgård – Wikipedia
Fågelsjö Gammelgård is a well-preserved cultural environment dating back to the Finnish
immigration in the 17th century. The forest Finns who settled in Fågelsjö around
1670 had already lived in Sweden for two generations and came most recently from
Tandsjöborg, about 15 km south of Fågelsjö.
The village is located in the borderland between Dalarna, Hälsingland and Härjedalen. It belonged until about 1840 to Mora parish and is listed there in the church records under the heading “Mora Finnmark”. After a short period of affinity with Sveg, Fågelsjö was transferred in 1856 to Loos parish, which had been formed a decade earlier. Since then, Fågelsjö belongs to Gävleborg County, although the village is located in Dalarna.
Gammelgården is an invaluable source of knowledge about building condition, self-sufficiency, craft techniques and folk art. The fact that the farm stands in its original place helps to make it very valuable.
The farm also includes the farmhouse, loft shed, baker’s cottage and a gun forge, which is one of the farm’s main attractions. Härbredörren’s seven different locks testify to great knowledge of the art of forging. Some of the buildings are dated to the 18th century.
Fågelsjö Gammelgård Beyond Åa is one of the Hälsingland farms that in 2012 was listed on the UNESCO World Heritage List. It was then since 2004 declared a listed building by the County Administrative Board of Gävleborg.
Fågelsjö is located in Orsa Finnmark, in the border area between Hälsingland, Dalarna and Härjedalen. European route 45, Inlandsvägen, passes about 3 km from the village. Inlandsbanan has a stop in Fågelsjö, about 3 km from Gammelgården.
Tel.: 0657 30030
Address: Fågelsjö Gammelgård Beyond Åa, 827 70 Loos